What are the two ways to protect yourself from a Phishing scam
There are many ways to protect from phishing scam. They are
canada goose outlet store new york 1. Never trust strangers: The same rules you were taught as a child come into play here; DO NOT open emails that are from people you don’t know. Set your junk and spam mail filter to deliver only content from those in your address book. canada goose outlet store new york
2. Sidestep those links: What happens if your spam filter is fooled into delivering junk mail to your inbox, and you happen to open it? Simple canada goose store NEVER click on links canada goose clearance embedded in your email.
3. Guard your privacy: Your mouse just happened to move over the link and lo and behold, you’re transported to another website where you’re asked to provide sensitive information like user names, account numbers, password and credit card and social security numbers. Just one word for you DON’T.
4. Fear Not: More often than not, these phony websites come with threats or warnings that your account is in danger of being deactivated if you don’t confirm your user information, or that the IRS is due to pay you a visit if you don’t comply with what’s written on the page. Just IGNORE them.
canada goose costco uk 5. Pick up the phone and call: If you are in doubt that it just may be a legitimate request, and that your bank is actually asking you to reveal sensitive information online, CALL your customer service representative before you do anything foolhardy. canada goose costco uk
6. Use the keypad, not the mouse: TYPE in URLs instead of clicking on links to online shopping and banking sites that typically ask for credit card and account numbers.
7. Look for the lock: Valid sites that use encryption to securely transfer sensitive information are characterized by a lock on the bottom right of your browser window, Canada Goose online NOT your web page. They also have addresses that begin with https:// rather than the usual http://.
8. Spot the difference: Sometimes, just the presence of the lock alone is proof enough that the site is authentic. To verify its genuineness, double click the lock to display the site’s security certificate, and CHECK if the name on the certificate and the address bar match. If they don’t you’re on a problem site, so get the hell out of there.
canada goose outlet us 9. Second time right: If you’re worried uk canada goose outlet that you’ve reached a phishing site that’s masquerading as your banking page, sometimes the easiest way to check is to enter a WRONG password. The fake site will accept it, and then you’re usually redirected to a page that says they’re having technical difficulties, so could you please check back later? Your original banking site will not allow you entry. canada goose outlet us
10. Different is the keyword here: Use DIFFERENT passwords for different sites; I know it’s a tough ask these days when most functions of the brain are being passed on to technology, but this is a good way to prevent phishers from getting at all your sensitive transactions, even if they’ve managed to Canada Goose Outlet compromise one.
11. Keep your eyes open: A spam email is littered with grammatical errors, is generally not personalized, and usually has either some link or canada goose factory sale a suspicious attachment. RECOGNIZE and report them as spam.
canada goose outlet buffalo 12. Familiarity breeds contempt: Not sure that you can spot a phisher’s email when you receive canada goose coats on sale one? Well, take a LOOK at these and you’ll know how they’re generally framed. By and by, you’ll learn how to spot the fake ones. canada goose outlet buffalo
13. Greed doesn’t pay: NEVER be taken in by offers of money for participating in surveys that ask for sensitive information. These are always fraudulent attempts to get hold of your personal details. You may get the $20 that’s promised, but there’s also a high probability that you may find your account cleaned out.
14. No stepping out: Do not leave your computer UNATTENDED when logged into your bank account or when you’ve provided credit card information on a shopping site.
15. Proper exits count: Once you’ve finished your business, LOG OUT properly instead of just closing the browser window, especially if you’re using a public terminal.
16. You can never be too careful: LOG INTO your bank account on a regular basis and keep tabs cheap canada goose uk on your money. You don’t want to wake up canada goose black friday sale one fine day and find that a phisher’s been https://www.ferienhaus-starnberger-see.de siphoning off a few hundred dollars every now and then.
17. A little knowledge is not dangerous: Keep yourself up to date with the latest news and INFORMATION on phishing.
18. Hard evidence: Be very careful when disposing of old computers and hard disks. Recycled computers have been found to retain confidential information pertaining to Internet banking. Use software to ERASE and over write data on your hard disk to ensure that it is not recoverable.
For business as usual
canada goose emory parka uk 19. I know him, or do I? Beware of SPEAR PHISHING when your corporate account is compromised and emails soliciting private information canada goose uk outlet reportedly come from your colleagues or higher ups, it’s better to call the person concerned and verify the authenticity of the email. canada goose emory parka uk
20. Peruse those records: As part of a business organization, there’s much you can do to prevent phishers from compromising your firm’s security. Set up firewalls and get you’re your anti virus systems in place. MONITOR the logs from your DNS and proxy servers, firewalls and other intrusion detection systems on a regular basis to check Canada Goose Online if you’ve been infected.
canada goose uk price 21. Policy is the best policy: Set strict POLICIES for the creation of passwords for your clients, servers and routers, and ensure that your personnel follow them diligently. canada goose uk price
22. No intruding: Establish intrusion detection and prevention systems that protect your network content and prevent the sending and receipt of phishing emails. Protect your GATEWAY with anti phishing and anti virus tools and firewalls.
23. Watch the company you keep: Maintain a list of approved DEVICES that are allowed to connect to your firm’s network.
Taking technology on your side
canada goose outlet michigan 24. It’s a matter of trust: An important question is, can you trust the site’s certificate to be authentic? VeriSign was guilty of issuing security certificates to sites that Canada Goose Jackets claimed to be part of Microsoft not so long ago. The latest versions of browsers, IE 7 and Opera 9 will soon be able to provide users with EV SSL (Extended Validation SSL) certificates that assure them of being on a genuine site. The address bar shows green for the good guys and red for the doubtful ones. canada goose outlet michigan
25. From phishers with greed: Emails can also be spoofed. The only way you can be sure canada goose outlet they are not, is to use clients that support S/MIME digital signatures. First check if the sender’s address is correct, and then look for the digital signature. This is a pretty effective anti phishing tactic as the signature is generated by the client after the mail has been opened and authenticated, and because it’s based on robust cryptographic techniques.
26. Keep up or else: Make sure your operating system and browsers are UPDATED regularly. Check for the latest patches and apply them immediately.